Ultra Clear Deep Pour Epoxy instructions
Download our Ultra Clear Deep Pour Epoxy instructions here
Ultra Clear Deep Pour Epoxy is a premium, two-component, 100% solids, high-build epoxy coating used for water-clear epoxy pours from ¼ inch – 1 inch deep per layer.
It provides a crystal clear casting of various objects, decorative jewelry, thick-poured surfaces, burl wood tables—limitless possibilities.
Coverage for pour coat:
- ¼ inch thick – 1.5 gallon kit – 10 square feet
- ½ inch thick - 1.5 gallon kit - 5 square feet
- 1 inch thick – 1.5 gallon kit – 2.5 square feet
Note: Pouring a single layer with a thickness greater than one inch may cause excessive bubbles, yellowing, and distortion in the surface. Use multiples coats to achieve the desired thickness.
For coloring, Pigmently Epoxy Colored Pigments or Pigmently Liquid Dye can be mixed in. You may also add Universal Paint colorants to achieve the desired results if they are water-based and not oil-based.
A 1.5 gallon kit contains one gallon of resin component and a half gallon of hardener component.
- For best results, the substrate surface must be dry and free of dust, wax, grease, or oil.
- Surfaces should be sealed. For wood, apply two to three coats of our bartop epoxy as a seal coat, sanding lightly between coats.
- For surfaces like paper, use Mod Podge.
- Any item to be coated should be about two inches above the work area so that the extra mixture will drip off the item. It is a good idea to put a newspaper or a drop cloth under the item to catch the drips.
- Mix only the amount of Ultra Clear Deep Pour Epoxy that you need at one time.
- Measure two parts Resin A to one part Hardener B by volume. Do not exceed 1.5 gallons combined in a single batch.
- Thoroughly mix the epoxy with a stir stick. Blend for 3 to 4 minutes. Carefully scrape the sides and bottom of the pail during mixing.
- Unused resin and hardener should be left in their original storage containers and used within 60 days to avoid undesirable yellowing inside the bottles.
- Caution: Inaccurate measuring will cause epoxy surface to remain soft or sticky “spots” on the epoxy surface.
Measure two parts resin component to one part hardener component in a clean container.
- Mixing container: Should have smooth flat bottom and be clean and dust free.
- Stick: Must have flat, straight edge to ensure thorough mixing.>
- Brush: Sometimes a small brush is needed for coating edges of crevices.
- Gloves or notched spreader or squeegee: May be needed for certain product applications
- Propane torch or heat gun: Used for bubble release
- After thoroughly mixing, slowly pour the Ultra Clear Deep Pour Epoxy over the surface you wish to coat, gradually filling your layer in approximately 1/4” thick.
- Pop the bubbles as you go by waving a propane torch back and forth, four to six inches above the surface.
- Once any bubbles are eliminated, repeat the pouring process with additional 1/4 inch layering until either satisfied or you've reached a maximum of one inch layer thickness. Allow it to dry prior to subsequent applications over one inch thick.
- For stubborn or deep-set bubbles, heat the tip of a narrow screwdriver and pop the deep bubbles with the hot tip of the screwdriver.
- Use the torch to burst additional bubbles as needed for up to 40 minutes after the initial pour.
- Note: For a project greater than one inch thick, multiple pours may be needed. Allow product to cure for 12 hours before adding additional one inch thick layers.
- Mixed resin and hardener, if left in a mixing container for more than ten minutes, may begin to heat up, shortening working time.
- Avoid breathing vapors.
- These polymers should be used only by adults or under adult supervision.
Durability for various applications:
Ultra Clear Deep Pour Epoxy has a “softer” overall finish compared to table top epoxy and is susceptible to scratching and denting if left as a stand-alone final coat. When using over a wear-surface like a table top or bar top, it is necessary to apply a topcoat using one of our other products (e.g., Ultra Clear Table Top Epoxy or an Osmo finish).
- To the touch: 12-18 hours
- For recoating: within 12-24 hours
- For light usage: 72 hours
- Cure Time: 7 - 14 days until fully cured (depending on the thickness of application)
- Ultra Clear Deep Pour Epoxy should be stored in a dry place between 60°F-80°F and out of the reach of children.
- The resin and hardener components should not be left in an open container.
- Ultra Clear Deep Pour Epoxy should be used in a room where the relative humidity is under 60% and the temperature is between 60°F-85°F.
- This product should be used within one year of purchase. Use within 2 months after opening.
- For interior use only.
- Use Acetone to clean up Ultra Clear Deep Pour Epoxy while it is in its liquid state.
- After Ultra Clear Deep Pour Epoxy has been cured, it may be removed by mechanical means.
- It is advisable to clean immediately after use.