Osmo TopOil Product Info
Osmo TopOil is a special oil and wax combination used as a treatment on wooden kitchen worktop surfaces and general interior joinery. When applied, surfaces will be protected against common household substances such as wine, beer, fizzy drinks, coffee, tea, fruit juices, milk, and water.
When dry, the finish is safe for humans, animals, and plants, and is also suitable for childrens’ toys as per EN 71.3 (European norm).
Oils like the TopOil 3056 clear emphasize the natural color of the wood (wet-look effect).
Osmo TopOil is ideal for the protection of furniture surfaces and work surfaces made of solid wood or edge-glued panels (e.g., kitchen worktops, desks, shelving, etc.) in indoor areas. It is also suitable for cork and OSB.
What it contains:
It is based on natural vegetable oils (sunflower oil, thistle oil, and soyabean oil) and waxes (carnauba wax and candelilla wax), silica, paraffin, lead-free siccatives (drying agents), water-repellent additives, and disaromatized white spirit (benzene-free). It complies with Environment Canada VOC regulations (SOR/ 2009-264). A detailed declaration of ingredients is available upon request.
- Specific gravity: 0.92-0.97 g/cm3
- Viscosity: 50-70s DIN EN ISO 2431/4 mm, thixotropic
- Odor: faint/mild; odorless after drying
- Flashpoint: >60°C acc. DIN EN ISO 2719
- It can be stored for up to 5 years—even more if the can is tightly closed.
Surface preparation instructions:
- The wooden surface must be clean and dry (max. 20% moisture content).
- Clean or lightly sand old microporous stains. Remove old varnishes.
- If necessary sand down the surface using fine sandpaper (grit P120-150), carefully remove dust. Always wear a dust mask when sanding.
Directions for use:
- Osmo TopOil is ready to use. Please do not thin.
- Shake well before use.
- Apply thinly with a cloth, following the grain of the wood.
- Leave to dry overnight for at least eight to ten hours. Allow for good ventilation.
- Repeat two to three times as described above and allow it to dry for eight to ten hours between each application.
Note: The finished surface is, among other things, influenced by the woods' natural characteristics; a trial application is strongly advised before finishing.
Cleaning your tools:
- You can use Osmo Brush Cleaner and Thinner (benzene-free).
- About eight to ten hours (normal climatic conditions, 23°C/50% relative humidity).
- Lower temperatures and/or higher air humidity can increase the drying time. Ventilate well while drying.
- One liter covers about 258 - 516 square feet (24 - 48 square meters) with a single coat.
- Coverage depends significantly on the condition of the wood.
- All information refers to smooth and planed/sanded surfaces. Other surfaces may lead to differences in coverage.
- TopOil 3056 Clear enhances the tone of wood (permanent wet effect).
- TopOil 3025 Natural counteracts exactly this effect and protects wood almost invisibly. The natural color tone of the wood is preserved.
- On dark/reddish wood species, TopOil 3068 Natural is visible as a slightly white chalky surface.
- TopOil 3026 Acacia is lightly pigmented, which gives the wood an elegant look.
- Applying the product too generously and with insufficient ventilation will lead to delays in drying time.
- For cabinet interiors and drawers, apply a maximum of one coat thinly with a cloth. Allow for good ventilation while drying.
- If a higher gloss level is desired—after thoroughly drying—apply Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner (also available as a spray) thinly and polish once it is dry.
- Wood surfaces treated with TopOil are easy to maintain.
- Remove coarse dirt with a broom or a vacuum cleaner.
- To clean, add Osmo Wash and Care concentrate to mop water and clean the surface with a damp (not wet!) cloth.
- Use Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner to remove tough stains, which cleans and regenerates the surface at the same time.
- Caution: Read instructions before using.
- Danger of combustion
- Do not get in eyes. Do not get on skin or clothing.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Use only in a well-ventilated area.
- Keep away from flames or sparks.
- Materials such as rags used with this product may begin to burn by themselves.
- After use, put rags in water or lay flat to dry, then discard.
First aid treatment:
- Contains aliphatic hydrocarbons.
- If swallowed, call a Poison Control Center or doctor immediately. Do not induce vomiting.
- If in eyes, rinse with water for 15 minutes. If on skin, rinse well with water.
- Dispose of contents/container in accordance with national regulations.
- 3025 Natural
- 3026 Acacia
- 3056 Clear matt
- 0.5 liter
The above mentioned information is provided to the best of our knowledge without any liability.